December 18th, 2007.
We take privacy matters very seriously and we are committed to protect your privacy.
Information We Collect
Information provided by you
We collect personal information, such as your email address and demographic data, when you register to become a member of Chatroll. As part of your personal profile, you may also choose to submit information such as your interests and photos. In addition to your profile information, we collect and archive all user materials that you post, including, but not limited to, chat messages.
Information collected automatically
We may receive and store certain types of non-personally identifiable information whenever you interact with us, including, without limitation, information that common web browsers and servers typically make available, such as the IP, browser type, language preference, referring site, and the date and time of each user request. Our purpose in collecting such information is to better understand how our users use Chatroll for the purpose of improving the Service.
A cookie is a string of information that a website stores on a user's computer, and that the user's browser provides to the website each time the user returns. This is a widely used and common internet technology.
Disclosure and Use of information
- Your profile information and posted materials, with the exception of your profile email address, will be viewable by other users of Chatroll. We may use your email address to inform you from time to time about new products or features, solicit feedback and may also use it for security reasons to confirm your provided information.
- We may use the information collected automatically, such as your IP address and information stored via cookies, to gather statistics about the number of people who visit Chatroll and to help us improve the Service. We may share this non-personally identifying information with third parties to better serve our users.
- Advertisements that appear on Chatroll are delivered to you by our advertising partners. We do not provide your email address to our advertising partners or third parties. We may, however, transfer information about your use of Chatroll, such as your IP address and information stored via cookies, to our advertising partners and other third parties. This information may be used to provide advertising, promotions and other products and services that may be of particular interest to you. It may also be used to provide you with a tailored choice of content.
- We will disclose your personally identifiable information if we reasonably believe we are required to do so by law, regulation or other government authority or to protect the rights and property of our company, its affiliates or the public. We may also co-operate with law enforcement agencies in any official investigation and we may disclose your personally identifiable information to the relevant agency or authority in doing so.
- We reserve the right to publish any request or feedback that you submit through email or other feedback mechanisms, in order to help us clarify or respond to your request or to help us support other users.
- We reserve the right to transfer your personal information in the event of a transfer of ownership of Chatroll, such as acquisition by or merger with another company.
We are committed to protecting your privacy and we take measures to ensure the privacy of your personal data. However, please be aware that no security measures are 100% secure or impenetrable. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
No User Under Age 13
Chatroll does not allow any anyone under the age of 13 to use our Service. If you are under 13, please leave the site immediately.
User Between the Ages of 13 and 18
We require that users between the ages of 13 and 18 ask their parents or legal guardian for permission before using our Service or posting any information on Chatroll.